Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DIY Burlap Frames

After searching around for Christmas presents for my roommates(who are all completely opposite btw), I decided I would make them something instead. My first idea was to personalize some picture frames to match not only their bedrooms, but also their personalities. I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies and ended up getting a couple wood frames, burlap, and some random accessories.
Then I used hot glue to cover them with burlap. They looked ok from the front...
But looked AWFUL from the back...o well, at least that's not the part that shows :)

This is what the frames ended up looking like...




 So I wouldn't say they necessarily match the personalities of my roommates, but they will match their rooms :) I put a picture of the four of us in it and glued the back on...hope they never wanna change the picture because it's impossible. It was my only option once I put the burlap on, however, next time I will know to have a better strategy when putting any kind of fabric on frames. Merry Christmas roomies!

No comments:

Post a Comment