Friday, December 31, 2010

Who Wants a New Theme?

This girl. That's why I completely changed the design of my blog. I liked the old background, but it definitely didn't go along with the title of my blog or my vision of what I wanted my blog to look like. However, I will give it a few extra bonus points because it did have animal print, and anyone who knows me knows I love animal print. Nonetheless, I am much happier with my new blog. After searching websites with cute (free!) blog backgrounds like this one or this one, I finally  found a background I was happy with on hotbliggityblog.com. Also, I love the name of the website. Hot bliggity blog. After that I decided it was time to download Adobe CS5 that I got for my birthday back in October. Yes, I was very excited to get it, but I knew I would spend to long playing around on it during school. That's what Christmas break is for. I got a bunch of old jewelry together and took some pictures, played around with it in Photoshop, and then created my own blog header. My brother helped me with it some, and I know it is no design masterpiece, but I designed it, and it matches what I had in mind for my blog. It may change in the future, but for now I am happy with my little creation.

If you want to design your own header you can do it without Photoshop. Check out this blog to learn how to create a header in Picasa, or this blog to help you get ideas for your new header, or this blog to learn how to design in GIMP. If these don't have what you want, search around some, you will be surprised how many resources there are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment