Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Thrifting Adventure

Hi readers! I wanted to share another project I recently fixed up. I found this little treasure at Goodwill one day for $8.

Nice and dusty. 

First, I filled in some holes with wood filler and then sanded it down. Next, I painted it with a gray primer and finished it off with a black topcoat. I probably wouldn't have painted it boring black if was for me, but it was another piece for Andrew's apartment. I had to make it look a little bit manly. 

I decided I wanted it to look scuffed up, so I sanded it again so the gray would show through.  I promise I don't usually wear pink dresses while sanding. 

Nice and scuffed up. Just the way I like it. I think I actually ended up scuffing it up more after this picture. It will make a great little end table.

No comments:

Post a Comment