Monday, September 26, 2011

Falling for Fall

Fall is here! Fall is my favorite season of the year. I love the leaves, the cool weather, fall clothes, fall recipes, bonfires and football games. I should probably also mention my birthday is in fall :) I am so ready for everything fall, but have been a little disappointed with fall so far. It's time for the SC humidity and warm temperatures to go. We have had quite a few rainy, yucky mornings here, and I like to sip my coffee inside and pretend that it 's cold outside. Of course, I am hit with reality once I open my front door. A girl can dream, right?

Another major disappointment has been the lack of pumpkin products at my grocery store. I have scoured the aisles looking for pumpkin pie filling during my last two shopping trips. They don't have it yet! I left the store disappointed today, my cart full of all the other ingredients for pumpkin pie cupcakes. I have two events this weekend I was hoping to make pumpkin cupcakes for, so I am crossing my fingers that they will get pumpkin pie filling later this week.

Even though the weather has been hot and I haven't been able to find my ingredients, I still have high hopes for fall. I know it won't let me down. Sometimes summer likes to wear out its welcome before it lets fall take the stage. In the meantime, I will prepare for its grand appearance by finding lots of fall things on Pinterest :) Here are the cupcakes I am planning to make...
I will be sure to let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment