Sunday, March 13, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

So my goal is to blog at least once a week. If you look at the number of blog posts I have written lately, you will see that I have not been meeting that goal. I love to blog, but sometimes this thing called school gets in the way. And sometimes I just don't have anything that I am dying to write about.

However, I want to tell you about an exciting opportunity that I have this week. Last month, my boss asked me if I would be interested in going to a luncheon with a fashion designer that was coming down to Greenville. She offered to by my ticket for me if I could get out of classes for that day. After checking my schedule to make sure I didn't have any tests that day, I told her I was definitely interested (no brainer).

After researching the designer, Carmen Marc Valvo, the hunt for my outfit began. My boss told me I definitely wanted to dress fashionable for this event, but not to worry about going out and buying designer clothes. This was good to hear since there is no way my budget could possibly handle designer clothes. She said to research trends for this season and find the look for less. So that is exactly what I have been doing the past few weeks. I wanted to wear something black. Black is just classy and always feels fashionable to me. However, I wanted to add some of the seasons trends into this outfit. Bright colors are one this seasons hottest trends. I am working on finding some bright accessories to add to my outfit. Bold prints are another hot trend this season. Take this dress for example. Now I don't plan on going around wearing a house on my dress, but I did find a black and white tunic with a bold print this past Saturday. The search for the accessories continues...be looking for an update next week about the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment