Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"If the Shoe Fits..."

"...buy it in every color."
-Author Unknown

I seriously want to act on that quote with the shoes I bought last week. Here they are:
Photo credit: http://www.twosistersshop.com

They aren't four inch stilettos, this seasons latest fad, or something you would see on the red carpet. However, they are quite possibly the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. Simple, black ballet flats. I discovered these at a cute little store in downtown Greenville called Pink Azalea. They are made by Lindsay Phillips, the mind behind the popular SwitchFlops. SwitchFlops are flip-flops that have interchangeable straps, allowing you to change the look of your shoes without changing the sole of the shoe. She also came up with the Snap Shoe concept, which is what I bought. The little black flower on my shoe snaps off, and I can buy other snaps to put on. There are so many to choose from-so many possibilities! I can't wait to start collecting some snaps. If any of you have been in a gift-giving mood lately and have been racking your brains on what to get me, think no more :) I think it's safe to say I am obsessed with these simple ballet flats.

I didn't even tell you the best part. The shoes were $64 in the store. However, when you think about it, you are really paying $64 for many pairs of shoes (as long as you have the different snaps to go on them). Although, I loved the shoes and the snap concept, $64 is a little out of my price range. 

When I got home that night, I decided to browse Ebay and see if they had the shoes. Not only did they have them, but they had one brand new pair in my size for $40. It was meant to be. I signed up for an Ebay account and bid on the shoes. I won the bid and had my shoes on my feet five days later. They fit perfectly, and I have worn them three out of the last four days. If I had the money, I would buy them in every color. In the mean time, I will start collecting snaps :)

Bargain tip: Look around online if something is out of your price range in-store. You never know what you will find. Note: this does not apply to the dress you have been eyeing all season that is 70% in-store. Just buy it, you won't find a better deal anywhere else :)



No comments:

Post a Comment