Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer Cupcakes

Now that I am home I have a lot more free time in the evenings. Sometimes this results in lots of baked goods sitting around our house just begging to be eaten. Here are a few of the things I have made lately...
 These yummy key lime cupcakes courtesy of the lovely Betty Crocker website. The base of the cupcake is a mix and the cupcakes were fairly easy to make. I would recommend make 1.5 times the icing recipe. I made one batch and it didn't look like enough so I doubled it and ended up with leftovers. The cupcake is very moist and has a strong key lime flavor. I thought I was going to have to add key lime flavor to the icing until I realized the cupcake along with the glaze had plenty. 

Margarita themed cupcakes for my roommates 21st birthday. Got the recipe from this lovely blog. The icing recipe was so yummy (a lime buttercream). However, the cupcakes were a little dry and it wasn't because they were overcooked. Definitely would make the icing again, not so sure about the cupcake itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment