It only takes about 15-20 minutes to put together and then is supposed to sit in the fridge for four hours. However, I didn't read that part until I had already made the salsa and kick-off was 2 hours away. It only sat in the fridge for about 2 hours and was perfectly fine. I also only used one package of cream cheese for the base layer and took the jalapeno seeds out since I'm not a huge fan of spicy food. The recipe comes from a blog called Jamie Cooks It Up! Definitely will be making this for some holiday parties.
Cranberry Salsa Cream Cheese Dip
1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 t cumin
2 T lemon juice
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
1. Put your cranberries in a food processor.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Take the seeds out if you don't like spicy foods. Also, be sure to put on a pair of rubber gloves or something when taking them out.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese and the wheat thins) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak in to the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate.
5. Spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can.
6. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
7. Spread it all around.
8. Serve immediately with Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers or Tortilla Chips.